- The office voicemail will be updated to reflect the office working schedule. If you call our office, please make sure to leave a message with your information and reason for the call. We will contact you as soon as possible.
- Tel number: 06371 130 0921
- You can also contact our Emergency number 01633654732. If no one answers, please leave a message.
- Another way to contact us is by sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Office’s Safety Precautions:
To help prevent the transmission of all respiratory infections, including COVID-19, we adhere to standardized infection control measures, such as performing hand hygiene, wearing protective equipment, using as many disposable items as possible, providing tissues and no-touch receptacles, and requesting patients and parent/ guardian to wear facemasks during the visit.
We follow routine cleaning and disinfection strategies, using cleaners and water to pre-clean surfaces prior to applying an EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant, as well as appropriate sterilization of all tools and equipment. We also use new facemasks, face shields, disposable gowns and gloves for each patient per guidelines set by the CDC, WHO, ADA,
All employees are checked, as per ADA new Covid-19 Guidelines, both: at the start and at the end of the working day. They are checked for fever, cough, breathing problems. A log is maintained. If any employee does not feel well, should notify Dr. Torres-Ramirez and not report to work that day. In the event of an employee testing positive to COVID-19, the office will be closed for 14 days.
We will be implementing the following protocols:
1.Patients and other members of the family should be healthy and free of cough/fever for at least 14 days. If this is not the case, we will gladly re-schedule.
2. Only one patient and one parent will be allowed at each visit. No additional siblings will be allowed in the office, unless they also have an appointment that day.
3. Parent and child should always be wearing their own mask during the visit.
4. Patient should have showered and brush the teeth before leaving home.
5.Parent will call us once arrive to the parking lot; to let us know they have arrived. In this way, if we are still busy with a patient, we will ask the parent to wait in the car; and we will call you, once the clinical staff is ready to meet and greet you and your child.
6. Parent and child will have the temperature taken prior to entering the facility and any patient with a fever will be rescheduled. After checking in, the parent will receive further instructions and the child will be escorted immediately by our assistant to a treatment room.
7. Physical distancing is taken very seriously in the office: No parent is allowed in the treatment rooms. Parent must wait in the waiting area. If you do not feel comfortable leaving your child alone, we will gladly re-schedule his/her appointment. Please understand that even at the time of the new appointment we might still follow the same guidelines and protocols.
8. The Physical or Social Distancing we maintain is of 2 meters. This limits the amount of patients that we will be able to see each day in our office, so please unless you or any family member are ill, make it to the appointment; or call us 48 hours ahead of time, so we can give the opportunity to another patient that might have the URGENT need of a dental treatment.
If you would like more information about our office’s dedication to your health and safety, please give us a call. For more information about what you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit the CDC and WHO websites.